Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Marine Corps Birthday

Many of you probably know that November 11th, yesterday, was Veterans Day. What you may not know is that November 10th, is the birthday of the United States Marine Corps. Four years ago, November 10th just came and went in my world. Not any more. For John it is one of the most important days of the year. This is my fourth Marine Corps birthday with him. Finally I found the balance on how to celebrate this milestone with him. If you know John, you know a fine dining experience or gourmet meal is a pretty sure fire way to win him over. We celebrated with 2 inch thick rib eyes, a medley of vegetables and pecan pie for dessert. To top it off I presented him with front row football tickets for the Jets. He'll be going with his good friend--and old Marine Corps buddy--Ed "Wally" Walsh. John thinks Wally might be even more excited then him, so that is really awesome. Both of them are home grown New York boys and die hard Jets fans. I think they will have a great time. Now I just need to procure a parking pass on Ebay and they'll be set! All in all, it was a really great day and I'm so glad my fourth try was a success--John thought the tickets were a little much/extravagant--but I think he didn't exactly try to give the tickets back...

1 comment: